Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sinus Relief

** This is a cross-post from my 1/29/2008 LiveJournal entry.

I have had allergy and sinus problems all my life, but they seem to have gotten worse since I moved to Texas (I am pretty sure it has to do more with my roommate and his friends smoking inside our apartment than the geographic location) and have been pretty much a constant issue since around Thanksgiving. I have been completely miserable on a daily basis for several months, getting temporary relief with the use of my Walgreens-pharmacist-recommended Vicks Sinex Nasal Spray which, contrary to its 12-hour relief claim, helps for only an hour or so after use and cannot be used more than twice in a 24-hour period (which I know from personal experience because using it more than that makes me really shaky and jittery). So, after being basically bed-ridden because of sinus problems for most of last week and the preceeding weekend, I finally went to see my friendly neighborhood Walgreens pharmacist again (because that is much easier than going to the doctor for a lazy and increasingly agoraphobic person such as myself) who suggested using a Vicks Waterless Vaporizer and sleeping with it next to my head and "tenting" my covers (pulling the covers up over my head basically). I have been doing this every night for the last 5 nights and I cannot tell you what a difference it is making! I feel 100 times better than I have in months, and every morning I wake up feeling even better than the day before. I am crossing my fingers that I have finally found the "miracle cure" I was looking for. And with a box of 6 refill vapor pads costing less than $5.00 (actually, they are $3.64 at Wal-Mart), it is a pretty cheap miracle cure at that! I just thought I'd share this info with anyone else who may be having sinus issues. Anything to help my sinus-suffering comrades.

BTW, I have not received any compensation for my endorsement of Walgreens. This help from Walgreens is just the latest in a long line of reasons that it holds a special place in my heart ...

No comments: