Friday, June 23, 2006
HOW TO CONTACT FAMOUS CELEBRITIES
Related How-Tos are also suggested, such as ...
How To Talk To Celebrities
How To Ask A Celebrity For An Autograph Or Photo
and, my personal favorite
How To Talk To A Celebrity Without Annoying Them
Monday, June 19, 2006
9. The fact that you're a level fourteen Paladin with a mighty Vorpal blade.
8. Honors: Voted Most Likely to be on "Cops" - Class of 1997.
7. Letter of recommendation from your 3rd grade teacher.
6. The thing with the cheez whiz and the crossdressing and the lizards.
5. The decorative butterfly stickers you added "for effect".
4. Excellent with that thingie, the one with the bits and the noise.
3. Fluent in Klingon and currently studying Wookie.
2. Leadership Rolls: I am the GM of my D&D group and Rimlock says I have the best storylines.
1. World record holder for high score on Minesweeper.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
VANISHED - FOX, Mondays @ 9:00 PM ET/PT - Looks interesting. Undertones of "Alias." And I absolutely ADORE Gale Harold!!
JERICHO - CBS, Wednesdays @ 8:00 PM ET/PT -- This sounds like it could be very a very interesting social commentary. I'm curious to see what they do with the basic premise of a completely isolated small midwest town (I'll definately be keeping my hometown - Pekin, IL - in mind while watching). Plus, you know, it's always a plus to get to watch Skeet Ulrich for an hour ...
SHARK - CBS, Thursdays @ 10:00 PM ET/PT -- Freaking JAMES WOODS!!! I would watch this show even if it was about a guy sitting in a chair reading a newspaper! But it's about LAWYERS!! A defense attorney becoming a prosecutor!! L.A.!!! Spike Lee directing!!!! If this show isn't amazing, then I might just lose faith in everything that television stands for ...
There's an Open Casting Call in Baton Rouge on June 10th from 1-3 PM at Gerry Lane Chevrolet on Florida Blvd.!!!
An Open Casting Call is an event your local station holds for SURVIVOR. When you attend an Open Call, you will fill out an application and be put on camera there. You do not need to bring your own tape, and you do not need a copy of your passport. Open Calls alleviate the headaches and expenses of making your own tape, transferring it to VHS format and mailing it.
These events are also lots of fun. Meet fellow SURVIVOR fans, make some new friends, enjoy. Your local station will send the tape directly to the casting department, where it will be watched by the casting team and the same as it would be if you sent in an individual tape yourself.
Good luck, and have fun!
1. The use of more words than are necessary to express an idea; as, "I saw it with my own eyes."
2. An instance or example of pleonasm.
3. A superfluous word or expression.
Dougan uses many words where few would do, as if pleonasm were a way of wringing every possibility out of the material he has, and stretching sentences a form of spreading the word.-- Paula Cocozza, "Book review: How Dynamo Kiev beat the Luftwaffe", Independent, March 2, 2001
Such a phrase from President Nixon's era, much favored by politicians, is "at this moment in time." Presumably these five words mean "now." That pleonasm probably does little harm except, perhaps, to the reputation of the speaker.-- Eoin McKiernan, "Last Word: Special Relationships", Irish America, August 31, 1994