Sunday, May 04, 2008

Iron Man - RDJ is my new imaginary celebrity boyfriend

So, I went to go see Iron Man last night. By myself, I might add, because apparently my roommate and his friends went to see it yesterday afternoon without inviting me. But, whatever ...

LOVED it! I'm not going to say anything more about it other than I think the casting was amazing and Jon Favreau did an awesome job directing a comic book superhero movie. Who knew? I mean, don't get me wrong - i adore Jon Favreau - but wasn't so sure he could pull off the superhero thing. And, oh yeah, it made me remember once again how much I am in love with Robert Downey, Jr. - something I seem to have forgotten since the last time I watched Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang or Good Night, and Good Luck. You people need to keep reminding me of these things - that's what I pay you for isn't it? *cough*

I also followed the advice of all my Twitter friends and stayed through the (amazingly long - or was it just me?) end credits to watch the additional scene (which my roommate and his friends didn't know about and, consequently, missed - HA!), but I have to admit I'm probably going to lose some Geek Cred because I didn't understand what it meant. I mean, it was cool and everything - but I was totally confused as to why it was so important. So, I had to come home and Google it. So, yeah, I'm sure I just totally lost a lot of my Geek Cred (if I even had any to begin with). It's just that I don't really know anything about comics. Anyway, thanks to my best friends Google and Wikipedia, I found the answer HERE. **SPOILER WARNING - the end of this Wikipedia entry is a SPOILER for the post-credits Iron Man scene, so DO NOT CLICK IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

And a big "YAY" to me finally getting to see a movie in the theater!! I think the last movie I saw in the theater was Jumper - so it's been a while. Hopefully, it won't be quite so long before my next trip to the theater ...

ETA: Actually, I rememberd that I saw Vantage Point in March, so it's only been 2 months since I last saw a movie in the theater ...

No comments: